CFS enforces a high stand of behaviour both on and off the circuit to ensure racing conditions are enjoyable for all. The Racing Council is where experienced drivers can assist the organisers in live marshalling duties to help keep our community clean and transparent. Anyone can apply to become part of the council, however, those with previous strong on-track experience & Performance will be given priority to ensure a high standard is maintained. To find out more, please expand the table below.
About the Treatment
Do I have to take my clothes off?
You will remain dressed throughout your Reflexology treatment, you will just need to remove any socks, tights and footwear. If you are wearing trousers, make sure you are able to roll them up above the ankle.
Does it hurt?
You may feel some sensitivity in the areas of the foot that correspond to the areas in the body that needs help, but on a whole it should be a relaxing experience. I will check with you if the pressure I am using is ok and you can tell me at anytime if you do feel discomfort.
What happens in my consultation?
First, we will sit down and chat about your general health, together we can work out what areas are giving you problems and if those problems are likely to be caused by stress. Then I will put together a treatment plan for you, which will include relaxation to help relieve the tension. We will also identify the problem areas that are specific to you, targeting those areas to help ease your symptoms.
I'm allergic to nuts / essential oils - is this treatment safe for me?
If you are allergic to essential oils or you are not sure, please let me know during your consulation and I will make sure we adapt your treatment as necessary.
My feet are horrible - do I have to take my socks off?
Your feet are not horrible! I have seen many different feet and trust me, they are all unique - I have never been shocked by anyones feet - but yes, you do need to take your socks off.
What do I wear?
You can wear anything you feel comfortable in. Even jeans are fine, just as long as you can roll them up past your ankles.
What happens if I fall asleep?
Don't worry if you fall asleep, a lot of people do. I will just get on with your treatment and gently wake you at the end.
What is Reflexology?
Reflexology works on the principle that each area of the body has a corresponding point, or reflex, on the foot. By applying pressure to a reflex on the foot, the aim is to provide relief to the corresponding area in the body and making your body systems function better. It is a non-invasive and incredibly relaxing treatment.
What products do you use?
I use a variety of different massage oils, some are unscented and some contain calming or invigorating scents, depending on your needs. I also use talc if you need any deeper, targeting reflexology work.
Will there be any side effects?
You might see some after effects in the hours following your treatment, but they do differ from person to person. Some people will see them, some won't. I will advise you during your session and give you an aftercare information sheet so you will know what to look out for.
Do you burn Incense?
No, I don't burn incense or candles, I find the smoke from both can aggrevate respiritory conditions, even long after they have been put out. I do use reed diffusers, so if you have an allergy to them, or would prefer not to have one in the room, please let me know prior to your treatment.
Before I Arrive
Can I bring my kids with me?
Due to COVID-19 restrictions I would ask that you attend your appointment alone where possible. Plus the sessions are designed to be all about you, so I would recommend you leave your children with a loved one to let you switch off from parent mode for a short while.
When should I arrive?
Please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible. I will text you to let you know when to make your way to the door and I will meet you there.
What happens if I'm late?
If you think you are going to be late, please contact me to let me know so I'm not worried about you. If you do arrive late, I will try my best to still give you your full treatment, however if I have another appointment booked in after you, in fairness to the next person, your treatment time will need to be reduced by how late you are.
I've just had a pedicure, can I still have a Reflexology treatment?
Absolutely, Reflexology doesn't use products that will affect the life of your pedicure.
Do I need an appointment or can I just turn up?
Treatments are by appointment only, please call, text or email me with your preferred time and date.
Do you need a deposit?
I'm not currently asking for a deposit to secure the booking.
Is there somewhere to park?
Yes, there is parking on the road directly outside Calmer Cactus. The street is normally quiet, its not a main road and there are only 2 or 3 parked cars at a time so there is generally plenty of space.
Where are you based?
Trent Avenue, Chadderton, Oldham, OL9 0PL - I will send you a full set of directions as part of your booking confirmation, should you need them.
Can I get to you by public transport?
Calmer Cactus therapy room is a 12 minute walk from Mills Hill train station.
What happens after
What happens after my treatment?
We will discuss ways you can work on relieving your symptoms in between our sessions. This might be suggesting tweaks to your diet and/or lifestyle to help you and the areas of your body that are affected. If we need to, we will schedule further sessions where I will continue to work your problem areas until they have been released. I will also give you some aftercare advice to take away.
Do I have to have follow up sessions?
That depends on what we discover during the consultation and treatment, I normally suggest around 4 - 6 sessions. We can then follow up with monthly top-up sessions to make sure your body systems have returned to and maintained their usual rhythms.
Is there anything I need to do after my appointment?
Yes, drink plenty of water, take some time to rest and eat small meals for the rest of the day. I will give you an information sheet at the end of your session so you can have a copy of your aftercare advice to take away.
Is there a payment plan for a course of treatments?
If you decide that a course of treatments will be beneficial, you can either pay for all your sessions in one go or you can pay for each session as you go.
What are your opening times?
At the moment Calmer Cactus therapy room is open Monday to Friday 6pm to 8pm and Saturday 11am to 6pm.
Where will the treatment be done? Do you Smoke / Have you got Pets?
The treatment will be carried out in my home in a dedicated therapy room. It is on the ground floor, accessible by a single step. I don't currently have ramps, but I am willing to provide assistance to get you into the building if you need it. There is a toilet right across the hall from the therapy room (it is shared as my family bathroom) It is a smoke and pet free property.
What's your cancellation policy?
I understand that plans change unexpectedly. If you need to cancel, please try and give me 24 hours notice, this way, I can offer your slot to anyone else who is waiting. If you need to cancel but want to re-book your slot, I will always try and offer you another appointment in the same week, where possible. If you go on to cancel any re-booking a non-refundable deposit will be required next time you book.
How do I pay?
I don't tend to hold cash so payment by credit / debit card is the preferred way. You can pay in advance when you book through this website* or there is a card machine onsite. You can also choose the option of paying by bank transfer, please ask me for details when booking.
- The booking services on www.calmercactus.co.uk have been suspended, so I have greater control on both the number and spacing of appointments. You will still be able to book directly with me, either by phone, text, Facebook messenger or email.
- Appointments will be limited to 1 hour per person, which means some of the services will be temporarily unavailable.
- The time between treatments will be longer to give me time to clean thoroughly.
- A cleaning schedule will be on display to both show you when cleaning has taken place and as a visual checklist for me.
- I will be wearing a Perspex visor for the duration of your visit
- You will need to arrive wearing a face covering and wear it throughout your treatment, however if you fit into an exemption category, please let me know prior to your visit.
- The couch where your treatment takes place will still be as comfortable as possible, but it will have a layer of disposable couch roll on top.
- Pillow cases will be changed for each treatment. I won’t be able use the blankets as I don’t have enough time to launder and dry them. You can, of course, bring your own blanket if you feel you would like one.
- I won’t be wearing gloves, as being able to feel your skin is a crucial part of the treatment. My hands, as always, will be washed and sanitised before I begin.
What's Staying the Same?
- Me washing my hands, both before beginning a treatment and afterwards, is standard practice at Calmer Cactus – this will continue as before
- I will be wearing a uniform that I will not wear outside the house, which will reduce the risk of contamination.
- It is standard practice at Calmer Cactus to use clean towels for each treatment – this will continue.
- It is standard practice at Calmer Cactus for your Reflexology treatment to begin with a gentle disinfecting of the feet, this will continue as before.
Your responsibilities as a Client
- I may contact you to complete a short risk assessment over the phone prior to your treatment. I will need you to answer these questions before you come into my home for your treatment. If I am not satisfied with your answers, or you have failed to complete the risk assessment, I may have to decline your booking.
- By attending your appointment, you agree that your details may be used for the purpose of track and trace, should it be necessary.
- When you arrive, you can expect a text to say I’m ready, please stay in your car until you have received that text. I will meet you at the door so you don’t have to touch anything. Please try to attend your appointment alone.
- Just inside the door will be a hand sanitizer station, I ask you to please use this before you enter the therapy room.
- Please let me know if anything has changed with your health or within your family unit
- Inform me if you think you are developing symptoms of Covid-19
- I will ask you to place your personal belongings in a plastic box, which will be sanitised between clients.
- I am not currently permitted to offer you a drink, so you may wish to bring your own bottle of water.
- Contactless payment is preferred, either by bank transfer before you arrive or by contactless card payment on the day.
These small, but necessary changes, should not alter your relaxing experience, but hygiene and safety are of paramount importance. If there is anything you are unsure about please contact me to chat through it.